Sunday 1 February 2015

Emus and Woodpeckers

Driving north today, on my day off, I was rewarded with some spectacular views of the distant Lake District covered in white, with the sun shining off the sea. Sadly I didn't get any closer or get any snaps. What I do have is some pictures from the top of the abseil tower, where I've been for most of the week, of the hills closer to Winmarleigh, also topped with snow.

 

It seems that being down on the low ground and close to the sea, with all its salty air, that while it may be snowing at the top of the abseil tower some times, none of it lands on the floor. So, to compensate, the snowdrops have come out!


 
The highlight of the week was passing my Abseil assessment, which has given me my first ropes qualification, and set me up for my first session on Tuesday. I've had a lot of training in other sessions too, but I'm still working on them. The first groups arrive tomorrow, which is exciting, although I have been enjoying the peace! I think the birds have too, there's plenty of them zipping around. I also discovered the woodpeckers that live just outside the staff accommodation. Then, next door, there are the Emus. I'm not sure why anyone who isn't a zoo keeper wants an Emu or three, but they're always interested in what we're doing on our side of the fence!



No comments:

Post a Comment