Wednesday 17 August 2016

A Strange Day Out

Just experienced one of the odder days I've had with PGL, chaperoning 50 French teenagers (and their leaders) around Liverpool. They don't speak English and I don't speak French so conversation was limited and they got on fine without me, so I sort of ended up just following them around.
     Now I've always thought the French were a little bit bonkers and sometimes grumpy, but this group were some of the happiest French people I've met (as well as being bonkers). They regularly broke out in song or dance, usually in the middle of the street. There was an impressive group performance of Uptown Funk that drew a fair crowd of shoppers in the main precinct followed by a French version of the Conga. A lot of the Liverpuddlians seemed to enjoy this wacky crowd of French kids, but being British many of them were also not sure if they should be scowling, confused or just laughing at them. Not that the group minded, they were fairly oblivious to everyone else and just out for a good time. As for me, I just went with it, there wasn't much else I could do and anyway it made the day extra enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment