Friday 20 September 2013

It's the weekend...

For possibly the first time in over four years I'm really appreciating the fact that it's Friday! This feeling will only increase I'm sure. Of course, I still have plenty to do, but after a solid three days in a row at Uni (yeah, tough, I know) I'm glad I won't be having Maths or English or any other kind of class tomorrow!
     Actually it's been a pretty good week. Things I learnt in Primary school are coming back to me, and the new stuff, like clever whiteboards that have many, many fancy features, are fun!

In other news, have you seen the Astronomy Photographer of Year competition photos? I don't care what you say, Space is cool and beautiful, and these photos are proof.

Check them out here: http://www.rmg.co.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/astronomy-photographer-of-the-year/2013-winners/earth-and-space/

The winner though, which was taken in New Zealand, is just stunning.

Guiding Light to the Stars by Mark Gee (Australia)

Titled "Guiding light to the stars" it shows the Milky Way seemingly coming from the Lighthouse on the cliff. On the left (middle and top), the two Magellanic Clouds, which are small satellite galaxies, appear as faint smudges in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment